5 January 2024
Keep these things in mind to keep the chickens healthy and protect them from diseases in winter.
- Temperature of 85-95 degrees Fahrenheit is necessary for the production of chickens.
- In winter, good quality bedding of 3-5 inches is suitable.
- The container kept in deep liter system should be dry, and curtain the windows at night.
- You can light a fireplace or stove to prevent cold air.
- Build the hen house from east to west so that sunlight can enter for more time.
- Consumption of chicken feed increases in winter season, so ensure availability.
- Give 110-140 grams of grain to chickens every day, which contains protein, energy, and calcium.
- Monitor laying hens from hatching to egg production.
- Provide fresh and warm water to chickens so that they can avoid dehydration.
Major breeds of chickens:
The production of eggs and meat depends on the breeds of chickens.
Major egg laying breeds include White Leghorn, Cari Priya, Cari Sonali, Cari Devendra.
Asil Cornis, White Rak are the major breeds for meat.
Kadaknath, Pratapdhan, Rhode Island Red, Australorp are the main breeds for both egg and meat production.
Stay connected with Mera Farmhouse to get all the latest information related to animal husbandry.